Menu Bar

12.9.09

Cupcakes on Pitt - Pitt Street Shop

Was walking along Pitt Street to hunt for some dinner and guess what I saw? 'Cupcakes on Pitt' (shop 2, 323-327 Pitt Street)! I have always wanted to try cupcakes from there, but verytime i went down to Sydney they were closed. This time when i went in, they were about to shut their doors, pack up and go home. Maybe that's why the lady looked at me with a what-are-you-doing-here-face (oopss!). They only had a small selection of cupcakes left and i ended up choosing the Tiramisu flavoured one ($2)!

I have to say that they are not really what I've expected. The cupcake base was rather dry and tasted like pre-mix batter. On top of it, it did not accentuate the chocolate flavour that it is supposed to have. The coffee cream frosting was soft and light but it still did not work well with the cupcake base to bring out the taste that a tiramisu cupcake should have.

5 snowdrop meringues:

Jane said...

I tried cupcakes from this shop the last time I went to Sydney too. I had mint (I can hear your ewws already) and Strawberry and Cream I think. But I didnt like them very much :( as you said, too dry and the cream seriously did not go with the cake itself. :( lets hunt for better ones next time!!! <3 cupcakes!

Nancy said...

awww... that's such a let-down...
I think the ones we ate last time at QVB were pretty yummy and HUGE! :)

Yuki said...

hi gals!!
as NAncy said..the one we had at the QVB was better!!!
It's called the Cupcake Bakery! when i had the Velvet Cupcake :D

Simon said...

Sorry to hear that this was so disappointing. Would have made for an interesting cupcake if it did work :)

Yuki said...

Simon, any suggestions for a nice cupcake place?

Related Posts with Thumbnails