Menu Bar

16.10.11

The Curious Chocolatier - Macarons

I've been wanting to get hold of some French Macarons from The Curious Chocolatier, who also makes beautiful packaged designer chocolate bars, for a long time. I kept putting it off because i couldn't bring myself to go to The Old Depot Markets (which only opens on Sundays) and get some - for those who know how the Sunday Bus timetable operates in Canberra will understand why. Fortunate enough, there was a Handmade Market held at the National Convention Centre (in CBD) this month and getting my hands on those highly wanted gems was now possible.
As soon as i got there, my only aim was to find where The Curious Chocolatier was and get my hands on some French macarons before they ran out. I learnt my lesson from the previous Handmade Market where i decided not to buy them earlier but to leave them for later...and yes, i went home empty-handed.
On this visit, I got seven flavours in total and these included: chocolate, lime & coconut, passionfruit, raspberry cheesecake, salted caramel, hazelnut and dark chocolate & raspberry.

Overall the macarons looked lovely, had a nice shell and tasted quite nice...however, i would have liked it more if their fillings 'went all the way'. The standouts for me were the raspberry cheesecake, lime & coconut and salted caramel flavours. Not a bad selection of flavours and YEY to more Canberra-made macarons!




2 snowdrop meringues:

The InTolerant Chef ™ said...

The fillings have all the yumminess, they should alwaysgo all the way! Maybe it's to get you to keep coming back for more? :-)

MiB said...

I saw on Facebook that she's recently sold her macaron recipe to another Canberra-based person, so won't be selling them at the Old Bus Depot Markets anymore :( But she's promised to keep her followers posted about who she's passed the baton to.

Related Posts with Thumbnails